Eugene, OR -- Tyson has always had a caring heart and an adventurous spirit. As…
This week, the Oregon Health Authority released more information regarding COVID-19 variants.
Here are some key takeaways:
- A COVID-19 variant is a form of the virus which has mutated over time.
- There are two types of COVID-19 variants: variants of concern and variants of interest.
- Scientists monitor how the COVID-19 virus changes to understand how these changes affect characteristics of the virus such as how easily the virus spreads or how many severe infections it causes.
- CDC and OHA considers the existing vaccines as highly effective against severe illness and death caused by all variants of COVID-19.
- Both agencies are closely monitoring five variants of concern and five variants of interest.
For more information and resources regarding COVID-19, visit the Oregon Health Authority website.