Cornerstone Community Housing is an experienced affordable housing developer and services provider. We work with owners and State housing agencies to design and write State approved resident services plans and provide our award-winning Healthy Homes program in five counties across Oregon. We are trained to work with a range of funding and affordable housing types that include Section 8, project based, affordable and Low-Income Housing Tax credit programs.
Youth programs focus on movement, nutrition and preparing children for a lifetime of success through academic support and fun rewards programs.
- Active Kids – offers education, movement and arts programs
- Active Teens – teens make positive connections through recreational activities
- Rising Star – motivates youth to excel in school and life through reward incentives
- Homework Club – kids complete homework while having a healthy snack in a safe setting
Triple P Parenting – Whether you’re dealing with the big, small or one-off problems of raising kids and teenagers —Triple P can help! The three P’s in ‘Triple P’ stand for ‘Positive Parenting Program’ which means your family life is going to be much more enjoyable. Triple P is a parenting program, but it does not tell you how to be a parent. It is more like a toolbox of ideas. You choose the strategies you need. You choose the way you want to use them. It is all about making Triple P work for you. Learn more about Triple P Parenting or contact your Resident Services Coordinator to sign up for classes.
Supplementary nutrition for vulnerable families ends hunger in affordable housing communities across Oregon.
- Extra Helping – on-site delivery of fresh produce, bread, and dairy.
- Summer Lunch/Cereal – feeds youth during the summer months as a substitute for school meals.
- Bread Basket – fresh bread delivered on-site.
- Senior Grocer – delivery of groceries directly to a senior’s front door.
Enrichment events, community gardens, and volunteer opportunities strengthen community cohesion and increase safety and stability.
- Volunteerism – opportunities for community members to support resident programs.
- Symphony Connects – a collaboration with the Eugene Symphony to bring music on-site.
- Community Gardens – on-site gardens are planned, planted and maintained by residents.
Cornerstone is engaged with Residents Organizing for Change (ROC), a statewide network of residents of affordable housing, those in need of, and front-line staff of affordable housing providers that are committed to advocating for safe, stable, and affordable housing for all Oregonians. ROC is one of three resident organizing networks on the west coast! ROC joins its peers in Washington (RAP) and California (RUN). To join ROC, fill out this form today or contact your Resident Services Coordinator to learn more.
Community referrals, professional development and tailored support helps families achieve greater stability and success.
- Resident Referrals – one-on-one help connects residents to local resources.
- Savings Programs – teaching the basics of budgeting and saving.
- Financial Wellness – connection to financial institutions to promote financial growth.
Soar Works – The SOAR model is designed to assist children and adults in applying for Social Security disability benefits. SOAR is funded by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) and is a national program designed to increase access to the disability income benefit programs administered by the Social Security Administration (SSA) for eligible adults and children who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness and have a serious mental illness, medical impairment, and/or a co-occurring substance use disorder. Learn more about SOAR or contact your Resident Services Coordinator to schedule an appointment with a SOAR certified staff member.
Cornerstone uses several different tools to help support households with finance, budgeting and credit repair that help build households stability. Please explore the following tools and resources and reach out to your Resident Services Coordinator to schedule an appointment for more assistance.
Onsite education, community health workers, and partner programs offer residents the opportunity to access health resources in the community.
- Healthy Smiles
- Get Motivated – links adult residents to health and wellness services.
- Taste of Wellness – on-site visits from local health organizations such as YMCA and Peace Health.
- Wellness Coaching – one-on-one wellness support and coaching helps residents achieve health goals and manage chronic illness.
Peer Support Specialists – Certified by the Oregon Health Authority, a Peer Support Specialist is an individual providing services to another individual who shares a similar life experience. At Cornerstone, our staff PSS is bi-lingual and is available to all residents needing one-on-one assistance with anything related to maintaining housing stability or accessing resources. Learn more about the Peer Support certification or contact your Resident Services Coordinator to schedule an appointment with a Peer Support Specialist.
On the Path To Health Equity: Building Capacity to Measure Health Outcomes in Community Development
Cornerstone was recently part of a three-year study with Enterprise Community Partners and NeighborWorks America.
More Than Roof and Walls: Why Resident Services Are an Indispensable Part of Affordable Housing
Decreased evictions and increased occupancy are some benefits of a quality Resident Services program.
Check out the locations we are currently serving.
Trained and compassionate professionals ready to help residents thrive!
See what our partners say about our resident services.
“Guardian Management has partnered with Cornerstone Community Housing since 2015. From onsite education to community development, their work has been critical in helping our residents navigate opportunities for growth and independence. Our residents enjoy working with Cornerstone and look forward to the programs and engagement they bring to the communities.”
“We have found that the resident services provided by Cornerstone greatly helps individuals and families feel much more like part of the community and helps build relationships and friendships in the apartment community.”
Get in Touch
Request a quote for resident services.